Coquitlam PRP Hair Restoration
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is an autologous preparation of platelets in concentrated plasma that can be injected under the skin to promote hair regrowth.
PRP Hair Restoration
Androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness is a very common type of hair loss observed in both males and females. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is an autologous preparation of platelets in concentrated plasma that can be injected under the skin to promote hair regrowth.
The release growth factors with PRP injections act on stem cells in the area of the follicles, stimulating the development of new follicles and promoting neovascularization. This can result in moderate improvement in hair volume and coverage.
- Avoid NSAID use 1 week prior to the procedure (Aleve, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Advil).
- Avoid coloring hair 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Please prepare for the procedure by eating a full meal at least 2-3 hours beforehand.
- Drink plenty of fluids the day of and day prior to the procedure.
On the day of the procedure:
- Shower the morning of your treatment and wash your hair very thoroughly using your regular shampoo.
- Do not apply sprays, gels, or any other styling products to your hair.
- If you wear a hair system, please remove it prior to shampooing and do not wear it before your PRP treatments.
- Please eat a normal breakfast or lunch the day of your PRP session.
- Drink a bottle of water (500 mL) at least 2 hours before your session.
When you arrive for your treatment, a registered nurse will draw your blood. The blood is then centrifuged in a sterile container and injected into the scalp through nearly pain-free device. We utilize the U225 gun which provides uniform injection deep at the hair root to maximize hair growth. Depending on the treatment area, it can be done in under 30 minutes.
For best results, 3 – 6 monthly treatments may be required. Maintenance treatments every 6-12 months following the initial course is recommended for continued results.
New hair growth is typically noticed after the 2nd or 3rd treatment, with the maximum effect occurring 3-9 months following the 3rd treatment.
Most patients do not experience any side effects but some pain and discomfort with the injections can occur.
Potential side effects include:
- Bruising. swelling, or pain at injection sites
- Allergic response or anaphylaxis to anesthetics
- Nerve damage from injections.
- Small risk of infection at the injection site, although the risk is overall reduced with PRP compared to other injections
Treatments are $650 per session, $1500 for a package of 3
We now proudly offer Medicard, an affordable patient financing option. Fast approval times and very low interest with flexible terms!